Luxurious and intimate rooms and suites, a Michelin-starred gourmet restaurant, a remarkable spa…these are the few words that best define Maison Albar Hôtels l’Impérator. This place steeped in history is now the most famous establishment in Nîmes.
Maison Albar Hotels l’Impérator one of the most prestigious hotels in Nîmes
This 5-star spa hotel, is located in the heart of downtown Nîmes, just a few steps from the famous Nîmes Arena, the Maison Carrée and the Tour Magne. Behind a mythical hotel like this one, a real history is hidden. Indeed, it was inaugurated in 1929 and has welcomed many personalities. The writer Ernest Hemingway, the actress Ava Gardner, the famous painter Picasso, the Spanish mandator El Cordobés … all have paraded in this building with Art Deco style during the ferias.
That’s why this renowned establishment got a makeover in 2019. It has been completely renovated and transformed by the Franco-Argentine architect Marcelo Joulia and the architecture and design agency Atelier COS. The bias during this renovation? Retain the Art Deco style and highlight the “charm of living in the French style.”
In total, the hotel now features 53 rooms and 8 private houses with luxurious and refined looks. It also houses a high-end spa and three gastronomic venues signed Pierre Gagnaire.
This must-see structure reinforces its high-end positioning thanks to its affiliation with the prestigious Leading Hotel of the world. Experienceout-of-the-ordinary stays by opting for Maison Albar Hotels the Imperator. You will undoubtedly be seduced by the hotel’s various services and amenities.
L’Imperator Codage Spa, an exceptional haven of peace in Nîmes
On the wellness side, the establishment offers a spa of no less than 350m² with cosmetics from the brand Codage. Inside, discover exceptional facilities conducive to relaxation and soothing.
We suggest you unwind by theindoor or outdoor pool, in the steam room, whirlpool or by enjoying massages in a single or duo cabin. A hairdresser and a barbershop are also located in this space to offer you personalized treatments.
The Imperator Codage Spa also has a wide range of treatments, 12 to be exact, including high fashion, custom and ready-to-wear facials and/or body treatments.
Restaurant Duende, Brasse l’Impé, Bar Hemingway: gastronomic places mixing creative atypical and gourmet cuisine
Embark on aculinary experience through the gastronomic restaurant Duende, the brasserie l’Impé and the bar Hemingway. Pierre Gagnaire, the world-renowned, multi-starred French chef and the passionate Nîmes chef Nicolas Fontaine will delight your taste buds.
- Restaurant Duende: Offer yourself a culinary moment out of time by opting for the Duende restaurant. You will have the opportunity to treat yourself by enjoying an exceptional French cuisine. The restaurant has obtained its first star in the Michelin Guide.
- Brasserie l’Impé: we recommend lunch or dinner in this brasserie that reveals the best of southern cuisine. You can enjoy an atypical, gourmet and creative cuisine. Chefs Pierre Gagnaire and Nicolas Fontaine work every day to offer you a unique and generous menu. The latter with Mediterranean accents never ceases to highlight local producers.
- Bar Hemingway: in a unique decor with a subdued atmosphere, you will have the chance to enjoy delicious cocktails, cocktails, alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and spirits.
Activities around the House Albar Nîmes the Imperator:
By staying in this hotel spa in Nîmes, you are guaranteed to live unique and memorable experiences. Maison Albar Nîmes l’Imperator, offers you to extend your mythical interlude through cultural and tourist activities in Nîmes and its surroundings.
Let yourself be seduced by one of their programs:
- At the discovery of the Camargue: a full day to explore Aigues Mortes and its fortified city, Les Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer, take a horseback ride, a cyclo ride or a visit to one of the most beautiful bird parks in France.
- Nîmes the French Rome: discover the history and secrets of the city Nîmes by crisscrossing its alleys, visiting its museums its emblematic monuments (The Arena of Nîmes, The Porte Auguste…).
- Head to head with the Pont du Gard: Time for a descent in a canoe or a mountain bike ride, observe the ’emblematic Pont du Gard.
- And so many other activities …
Frequently asked questions about Maison Albar Nîmes Imperator
The hotel is located in the city center of Nîmes.
The hotel has an indoor and outdoor pool, whirlpool, steam room, single and duo massage cabins and a hairdresser and barbershop.
The hotel uses Codage brand products.
The spa is open daily from 10am to 9pm.